Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shuffle Up and Deal ...

Introduction

Welcome to Sully's Basement Game.  I want to be up front at the very beginning with the caveat that by no means am I advertising this site as offering betting advice.  I grew up loving numbers (naturally I became an accountant) and once I was introduced to poker in high school, I slowly gravitated to sports betting.  Since then, I've been enamored with following lines across all sports.  I no longer bet sports, but over time I've developed a fascination with Vegas and all of the number crunching and analysis that goes into figuring out where the best value lies.  That's what the premise of this blog is.  I want to put my thoughts into words and this gives me the best platform to do so.  I won't post every day, but periodically I'll come on here and talk about games that I like and why I like them based on my understanding of the numbers.

I am also happy to say that a good friend of mine and professional poker player, BK, will be a frequent contributor to the blog.  Currently, he is making the rounds across several WSOP circuit events and plans on updating us on his progress as well as talking tournament strategy based on hands he's experienced.

Background

Why "Sully's Basement Game?" I used to have a weekly poker game in my parent's basement starting my sophomore year in high school.  We played on a pool table and we only played for $40, but when you're in high school without a job that was worth four stacks of high society.  I wanted to name this blog after those weekly get togethers because without the experience of having that game, I never would have become as interested in the sports betting industry as much as I am today.

I hope you enjoy the blog.  I won't keep any records or try to convince you to follow my picks, but hopefully my spin and thought process on picking games as well as BK's inside look at being a professional poker player entertains enough to convince you to follow.

At the expense of sounding annoyingly cliche, time for this blog to "Shuffle up and deal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment