Purdue Rebuttal to the 20
Reasons IU Absolutely Sucks
I've seen Purdue fans posting this listing over the past couple of days. It has forced me to come out of blogger retirement to provide my rebuttal, to their rebuttal. Enjoy! Go Hoosiers!!
1. The limestone makes IU’s campus look like an insane asylum.
Sully: Indiana was listed as one of Travel and Leisure’s Most Beautiful Campuses in 2014. Strangely, Purdue was not.
2. Everyone can agree that crimson is the worst shade of red and no one wants to wear a cream colored shirt that looks like you got showered in semen.
S: Leave it to a Purdue fan to bring up semen.
3. Purdue has more players in the NFL that made the playoffs than IU has in the entire league.
S: This is a college debate, right? Well then … We have the #OldOakenBucket.
4. The inventor of chicken nuggets did his research at Purdue. You’re welcome.
S: The inventor of cutting a chicken into little pieces? Impressive. Really put that engineering degree to good use.
5. The majority of IU’s fanbase went to Ball State or a community college.
S: No one else cares about Purdue. Sorry, I’m not sorry.
6. Everyone is tired of the “IUBB” hashtag. No, IU you will not be getting another banner, give it up.
S: You’re tired of us wanting to get another banner, IU fans are tired of Purdue fans wanting to be relevant.
7. You have no mascot to represent your school. Claiming the “Hoosier” doesn’t make sense considering Purdue also represents Indiana.
S: Most people outside of Indiana probably don’t even realize Purdue is in Indiana.
8. IU isn’t considered the Ivy league of the Midwest like we are.
S: Hahahahahahahahaha. That is all.
9. Purdue has been ranked as one of the most difficult schools to receive an A, and yes, most graduate with over a 3.0 GPA.
S: How hard is it to get an ‘A’ or a 3.0 when you have to perform research in order to figure out you can cut a chicken in to little pieces?
10. We don’t have a dorm known as McSlut.
S: Purdue wishes they had a dorm known as McSlut.
11. IU’s breakfast clubs are not even comparable to Purdue’s.
S: We tailgated so hard for so many years they finally enforced restrictions which forced us to settle for breakfast clubs.
12. They don’t have Cactus Thursdays, and who doesn’t love Cactus Thursdays? (Neon Cactus was ranked as being one of the 31 Best College Bars in America by Business Insider)
S: Kilroy’s is on that list too, soooooo. Yeah, there’s that.
13. We’re not one of the top party schools, you are correct. We are actually proud of this. We were, however, just ranked as a top 20 public school in the nation. IU was not. We think this is more relevant to potential employers than our party school ranking..
S: Written by someone who never got invited to a college party. Also somewhat contradicts item #12 which brags about the “bar scene.”
14. Purdue is home to 22 Big Ten championships and 28 All-Americans.
S: For your entire athletic department? Pathetic (the lack of detail in your rebuttal is just another example of a #BoilerFail)
15. Purdue fans are known as the most loyal, whether we suck or not.
S: Purdue always sucks, so there is no “whether” about it.
16. Purdue graduate, Neil Armstrong, had the first steps on the moon. Gene Cernan was the last man to walk on the moon (also a Purdue grad).
S: It’s a step up from bragging about researching chicken nuggets, I’ll give you that.
17. IU classes go later than 6:30 pm and no one has time for that.
S: What else happens at Purdue besides classes? Please enlighten your “potential employers” referenced in item #13.
18. Our food courts win 10 times out of 10. We don’t gain the “freshman 15″ thanks to our new $100 million dollar, 450,000 square feet rec sports facility.
S: Yeah, but does your food court have Potato Ole’s?
19. How can we be your “little brother” when we are 78-32 against you in football and 113-88 against you in basketball?
S: For a school that wants IU fans to stop living in the past isn’t it ironic that you’re providing ‘historical’ data.