Friday, February 24, 2012

Pick in Review: Knicks v Heat

Wait, what?  No, you should never get back-doored in the NBA ...




Pick:  Heat -5.0 (first half line)

Result:  Miami 51 - 47 New York (L)

If anyone wanted a reason as to why I stopped betting sports, tonight would be a perfect example. This is a tough way to put the first loss on the scoreboard, but to be fair, had the half ended on Chalmers's step back three that would have been one lucky cover. Either way, this is why I still love following sports lines. Had I not known about the halftime spread, this would have been an okay first half. Knowing that I had the pick published on this blog, talk about an extreme roller coaster of emotion. No, money was not on the line, but my pride was ... and now my pride is bruised.

At least I can say I was right about Jeremy Lin. I didn't watch the second half of this game, but at halftime he only had 2 points, 2 assists and 6 turnovers. One thing is for certain, "Linsanity" will get back on track before I get over this tough beat.

Ah well, plenty of college games to choose from this weekend to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment